Serving Your Industrial Crystallography Needs
- State-of-the-art facility with a proven track record exemplified by an extensive publication list and contributions to the Protein Data Bank
- Expert staff dedicated to serving the macromolecular crystallography, chemical crystallography & powder diffraction communities
- Competitive commercial rates with clear, favourable intellectual property policies and a strong history of productive industrial relationships
Modes of Access
- On-Site Access: efficient on-site data collection setup
- Remote Site Access: operate beamlines from your home institution
- Mail-In Data Collection: where CLSI staff collect your data
The CMCF consists of two sophisticated macromolecular crystallography beamlines, each capable of remote operation and equipped with SAM automounters accepting SSRL cassettes and UniPucks. The insertion device beamline (08ID-1) is highly effective for rapidly collecting native datasets and data on small or weakly-diffracting crystals. The bending magnet source beamline (08B1-1) is highly automated and efficient for high-throughput screening as well as SAD and MAD experiments, owing to its very stable beam and wide photon energy range (4 - 18 keV). It is also amenable to rapid chemical crystallography and powder diffraction experiments under standard atmospheric conditions with a temperature range of 85 - 500K. Both beamlines are equipped with fluorescence detectors for metal identification and absorption edge scans. Additionally, beamline 08B1-1 is equipped with a Vortex ME4 detector for EXAFS measurements. Full technical specifications for both beamlines can be found by clicking on the beamline of interest below.
- Specifications for the insertion device beamline: 08ID-1
- Specifications for the bending magnet beamline: 08B1-1
- Beamlines are controlled using Mx Data Collector (MxDC) - highly efficient Blue-Ice like data collection software developed in-house
- Samples and experiments can be effectively tracked using MxLIVE, the CMCF Laboratory Information Management System that can be accessed off-site via a secure connection
- Beamlines have a variety of data processing software installed and commercial users should ensure compliance with all appropriate licenses before use.
For more information about Industrial Access please contact: