User Guide –
CMCF User Guide
Planning Your Trip...
There are three ways to access the CMCF:
- Normal Access - Users travel to the CLS to collect data.
- Be sure to complete safety training as per the User Services Office instructions before your scheduled beamtime.
- Visit the Canadian Light Source website for information on accommodations.
- Mail-In Crystallography - Users send samples to the CMCF for data collection by qualified personnel.
- Visit the Mail-In section of this guide for more information.
- Remote Control - Users send samples to the CMCF to be loaded into the automounter, and connect to beamline computers remotely from their home lab.
- Contact CMCF staff, and visit the Remote Control section of this guide for more information.
At the CMCF...
Use the links to find information about safety procedures, beamline operations, computing & data transfer, and data collection, processing, and analysis software (HKL2000, mosflm, PHENIX, Coot, etc.), including the following software developed at the CMCF:
- MxDC - Macromolecular Crystallography Data Collector
- See the MxDC section or watch an interactive tutorial video.
- AutoProcess - Users send samples to the CMCF for data collection by qualified personnel.
- See the AutoProcess section for tips on screening or processing your data on-the-fly with this XDS-based package.
- MxLIVE - Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory Information Virtual Environment
- See the MxLIVE section for help getting started managing samples, shipments and data coming off of the beamline, or watch an interactive tutorial.
After Your Visit...
We hope you find your time at the CMCF both effective and pleasant. If you enjoyed your visit, tell your friends, and if there is something we can do to improve your experience next time, let us know.
Your samples will be shipped back to you after your beamtime. See the section on shipping samples for information on return shipments. Output files generated by AutoProcess, along with individual diffraction images (and full datasets upon request), are available immediately for download through MxLIVE.
Once you are ready to use data collected at the CMCF in a publication, visit the section in this guide about acknowledging the CLS.