Serving Your Industrial Crystallography Needs
- State-of-the-art facility with a proven track record exemplified by an extensive publication list and contributions to the Protein Data Bank
- Expert staff dedicated to serving the macromolecular crystallography, chemical crystallography & powder diffraction communities
- Competitive commercial rates with clear, favourable intellectual property policies and a strong history of productive industrial relationships
Modes of Access
- Remote Control: operate beamlines from your home institution
- On-Site Visit: efficient on-site data collection setup
- Mail-In Service: where CLS staff collect your data
The CMCF consists of two sophisticated macromolecular crystallography beamlines capable of remote operation. CMCF-ID (08ID), the insertion device beamline, is equipped with an ISARA sample changer accepting Uni-Pucks. CMCF-BM (08B1), the bending magnet beamline, is equiped with a SAM sample changer accepting Uni-Pucks or SSRL-style cassettes. CMCF-ID is highly effective for rapidly collecting native datasets and data on small or weakly-diffracting crystals. CMCF-BM is efficient for high-throughput screening, data collection, as well as SAD and MAD experiments, owing to its very stable beam and wide photon energy range (4 - 18 keV). It is also amenable to rapid chemical crystallography and powder diffraction experiments under standard atmospheric conditions with a temperature range of 85 - 500K. Both beamlines are equipped with fluorescence detectors for metal identification and absorption edge scans. Additionally, CMCF-BM is equipped with a Vortex ME4 detector for EXAFS measurements. Full technical specifications for both beamlines can be found by clicking on the beamline of interest below.
- Specifications for the insertion device beamline: CMCF-ID (08ID)
- Specifications for the bending magnet beamline: CMCF-BM (08B1)
Beamlines are controlled using Mx Data Collector (MxDC) - highly efficient Blue-Ice like data collection software developed in-house
Samples and experiments can be effectively tracked using MxLIVE, the CMCF Laboratory Information Management System that can be accessed off-site via a secure connection
Beamlines have a variety of data processing software installed and commercial users should ensure compliance with all appropriate licenses before use.
For more information about Industrial Access please contact: